Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Yesterday was my birthday. 


Started with Blue Jean Service. Bishop Chuck Jones was the speaker. He is an incredible teacher.  Topic was Mary Magdalene.  He expounded on her intimate loving relationship with Jesus. As always when Bishop Chuck speaks, I learned a lot and left intrigued, determined to learn even more. He has a way of making you hungry for the word of God.

Lots of praise and worship with song before Bishop's teaching. Overwhelmed me to look around and see so many people I love and think are awesome praising God so powerfully. A gift straight from the throne room!

After breakfast and Sunday School (which deserves a future post all of its own), I came home and played the birthday card to get an hour to myself in my bedroom with a book.  In the afternoon, attended Mandy's baby shower held in the home of my next door neighbor and BFF Bradford.  I took my camera but when I saw Angie had hers decided not to take my own pics. Hoping Angie will post soon so I can link.  Many creative treats - wonderful to have artistic friends.

Last night, my sister Rayne hosted a birthday dinner in my honor.  The food was delicious (thank you Pie!!!).  Shrimp & pasta with vegetables, summer salad with strawberries, tangerines and almonds with a slab of multigrain bread.


Paul and the children were sweet to have enthusiasm about my birthday day since I have been talking about and celebrating this particular birthday since January (and have determined not to quit until December)!


Desserts wonderful!! Christie Cummings who is known for her fabulously divine desserts made a chocolate creation. Rayne made her delicious peanut butter fudge - something she used to give me for Christmas so it is an extra sweet treat for me.





Rayne is 12 months pregnant (note the holding of her belly). If Sparkles does not make his entrance prior to Thursday, then that is the day we will be in Birmingham for his delivery.  Can't wait to meet him!





1 comment:

  1. Happy late Birthday, dear Jana! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! The food looks absolutely delicious. And I can't wait to meet baby this week too!!

    ReplyDelete