Friday, July 20, 2012

ASB & The Cannon

This morning I am sitting on the deck of our condo at Baytowne Wharf that overlooks the Village fountain, lawn , carousel, climbing tower etc.  Right now, at 6 o'clock in the morning, it is quite deserted excepting the sound of birds and the distant roar of a leaf blower.

Photo of Observation Point North. We are in the South building identical to this one.

The bottom corner deck immediately above the columns is identical to the deck we have.
Can I say "love it"!

View from deck looking out.

View from deck looking down.


We are here attending the Alabama State Bar Meeting.  It has been a fun time of hanging out with old friends and meeting new ones.  (Oh yeah, and going to a few meetings/seminars!)

We caught up with our friends the Adairs.  They have three children ranging in age from 15 to 6.  Their youngest, Rett, and our Sam have a blast together.  Last night, with Fairchild, they attended the Cat in the Hat Children's Pajama Party. My children were delighted when they entered the room to find a buffet of macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, huge cookies and lemonade to wash it all down.  They received tshirts as prizes.  After eating and coloring, the children settled down with pillows and blankets to watch the Cat in the Hat movie.

Rett, Fairchild & Sam with the Cat in the Hat

While they were being entertained, the Adairs escaped with us to eat dinner at Graffitis.  The food was delicious and it was nice to eat an entire meal without reminding someone to "remember, we don't act that way in public".  (ok, I did have to remind Paul a couple of times.)

My favorite painting in Graffitis

When we returned to the Conference Building to pick up the children they were rocking out to the band at the Diversity Reception and eating out of the chocolate fountain.  Can it get any better?  Not to the Garner children who love a party as much as Paul does.

Sam & Fairchild rockin' out

Fairchild loves dancing with her Daddy
Sam & me
Fairchild (with chocolate on her face) & Sam
Baby Got Back....my booty shakers!
I twirled with Fairchild until we were both dizzy.
Chocolate Fountain
Her favorite - strawberries covered in chocolate. Reminds me of her Aunt RaRa


To those who know us best, it is an appropriate time to bring up the subject....how exactly did I come by the photos posted above?????

As you recall, and let me inform those of you who don't know, I managed to leave my camera outside at the pool after a FULL day of celebrating the 4th of July.  It just so happens that early the same evening one of the most severe thunders storms of the summer hit causing extensive front page of the newspaper damage. Clearly, camera drenched.

Thankfully, Mike Granthum picked it up for me and Kea Calame let me know he had it.  Upon retrieval, found the camera was unresponsive.  I took it completely apart, laid it on a desk for two weeks ignoring it preferring to delay discovery of the final diagnosis. 

Wednesday when we were packing for Destin trip and I failed to find my old camera, decided it was time to face reality.  Miracle of all miracles....the camera works perfectly. Thank you Cannon - I am now a loyal consumer.

Happened to find the 4th of July photos undisturbed on my camera card as well. Next post....

2 comments:

  1. lOVE ALL OF THESE!! I want some of those strawberrries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS~ Miss you baad!! YAY about the camera--I just knew it was a "goner" Have a blast and a wonderful day Sunday--whoop, the new 30!

    ReplyDelete