Friday, March 2, 2012

Joy

This has been a week I did not have to try to be in a good mood. I just was. Joy.

Monday thru Friday - despite the fact that I did not win the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes!

Oh yes, it was my first time to enter. Several weeks ago, Paul (my husband) mentioned that he had not seen anything about PCH in years. 

What made him think of that? Who knows.  

A couple of hours later, a commercial advertising the sweepstakes. Next thing I know - sweepstakes entry form with my name on it arrives in the mail. First time I ever received the invitation to enter. So I did! My friends and I made plans for a trip with my winnings. Unfortunately for me, J.Clark of Arkansas won.

The week began Sunday with an inspirational sermon by Pastor Efell Williams at First Presbyterian Church's Blue Jean Service. 




That night Chris Hastings, Chef Owner Hot and Hot Fish Club in Birmingham won Iron Chef against Bobby Flay.





For those who don't know, I am a lawyer practicing family law and litigation (plaintiff and defense) at Reeves & Stewart, P.C .  A week of accomplishing a lot of work for clients always provides satisfaction.  In addition, I am working with Robert Armstrong to construct a web site for the firm.  Robert is doing an absolutely fabulous job and I can't wait until it is up and running. Of course, I will post the link when its operational.  Robert has completed some other web sites, one for Christ the King and another for Denmark Tree Services that show is expertise and versatility.

I've started the mornings on the right track with steaming hot coffee and bagels or hot cereal topped with sunbutter and honey. I was inspired by Peanut Butter Runner blog to experiment with different spreads topped with honey and fruit of your choice.  Peanut Butter Runner is authored by a personal trainer with a passion for healthy eating.  My friends and I are enjoying keeping up with her tips and are inspired by her exercise habits.  If you have the time, read it.



Sunbutter is made from sunflower seeds without any nut products so I highly suggest trying it out if you have any type of nut allergy. Do check out the label better than I did because I am not allergic so I believe the advertisement on the front of the jar without doing any further homework on the matter.  Tastes good!

Another food yummy for the week was my Elodie lunch on Thursday and Friday.  Sold at Carters. Lunches sold fresh Thursday in the back fridge ready to go. Very convenient and healthy. I like to pick up lunch and take it back to my office - enables me to eat at my desk and continue working.  Thursday I enjoyed homemade chicken salad with a few pita chips.  Today, Weavers Grove Salad: grilled chicken, mixed greens, fresh strawberries, feta, sugared pecans and balsamic vinaigrette. The sweet lover in me also enjoys the rich brownie bite for dessert that is included in the to go package.  Ann Murray is the creator of Elodie and is gracious enough to reserve your request if you call ahead.  A good thing to do because they run out fast.



Other than that, tennis clinics have been challenging and fun. Our group continues to gain skill making it even more fun to play.  Two services at Christ the King. A local church that holds Eucharist daily and gives prophetic words. At noon and lasts approximately 45 minutes.  A cherished way to experience God - the source of my JOY!

Next week, I am looking forward to yoga and date night with my husband. Also planning to attend the first annual Alabama River Chili Cookoff.  It is hosted by Leadership Selma. I was in Class XV. Such a beneficial program that educates you on all aspects of the community and challenges you to give back. This year's Class has chosen to hold the Chili Cookoff and give the proceeds to the local Salvation Army.  Major Roberts of the Salvation Army was in my Leadership Class.  By his invitation, I became involved in  the Salvation Army by serving on its Board.  I have not been able to participate much this year but am richly blessed when I do.  I think the Cookoff will enjoy a huge turnout - looking forward to posting about its success.


1 comment:

  1. Love your excitement about life and spreading your joy! Love seeing all the things around selma you love!

    ReplyDelete