Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fun Functions: Angie's Birthday Paint Party


Angie's birthday was last week. To celebrate, Beth hosted a paint party directed by Montgomery artist Amanda Roberson.  Amanda is a wonderful person and artist. Several of us have Amanda's paintings hanging in our homes and all agree viewing them daily brings joy to our heart. If you would like to view some of her work, check out her web site and her blog

Beth always has fun party decor. A few examples:




Callen & Meredith 
Set up was ready upon our arrival.


Amanda's painting - our inspiration & ideal
Before beginning to paint, we enjoyed a little chat time and an appetizer dinner.

Angie, Kristin, Haley & Rayne


I am not naturally an artist. I do enjoy painting. However, the product is usually AWFUL!! Similar to the enjoying singing (rather loudly) in the shower or car does not a Grammy winner make.

Therefore, I leave paint gatherings (the only time I ever paint is in a group setting!) a little frustrated.  I expected the same at Angie's party and was simply looking forward to hanging out with my friends.  

Excited to report that this night was different.  Amanda is such a fabulous artist and paint party director. She "created" an atmosphere conducive to "creating". Very different than the paint by number while you drink too much wine and chat it up with friends I experienced in the past.  

In the end, I liked my painting. I am going to display it instead of hide it - miracle!  As Meredith said, everyone's painting on this night was "wall worthy".  We all knew we would have good time so the good product was definitely the surprise element of the night for most of us.

Meredith also ignited the fire of bringing out our closeted by the numbers paintings of the past. Meredith's inspired idea:"give" them at our annual Christmas gift exchange. Thank you for the idea Meredith - just hope I don't end up taking home your rooster!  

I digress. Enjoy a few pics of painting our first "wall worthy" Amanda Roberson inspired masterpieces.

Kea

Amanda providing Haley with a little more paint

Our hostess Beth

Kristin & Rayne

Callen - giving it some thought
My painting - beginnings

My painting - complete

Beth made us take this cheesy group photo with our paintings
(I'll admit I'm glad she did!)

Angie, Amanda & Beth
Can't thank y'all enough for a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment