Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Week of Grace

Most of our life activities fall under the general category of ordinary. However, God's grace makes the ordinary extraordinary.  

This week, every day this week, multiple times a day this week God has shown his grace making my ordinary EXTRAordinary.

So what are some examples?? 

Sunday, Paul and I cleaned out the sheds for hours without a cross word. After two large trips to dump all of the unneeded items we stored for months (more likely years), the sheds are now organized! I always love crossing a long standing chore off the "need to do" list but in this instance it was more - I actually enjoyed cleaning out the sheds WITH Paul. That my friends is only by the grace of God.

Monday began working on taxes. Numbers don't necessarily keep me interested for long.  So you can imagine two days worth. However, I managed to turn them in on Wednesday along with a budget worksheet to Paul for the coming year.  The grace to complete a task. (Regarding the budget worksheet, those who know me well are now commenting to themselves, "grace? more like a miracle!")

Friday afternoon Sam and I joined my cousin Richard in a training session of Richard's new dog, Gayle. Richard threw the dummy a far distance on the field. Then both Sam and Gayle ran after it. A heart warming sight to see a boy and a dog simply running side by side.  

Saturday blessed by being with friends most of the day and a night capped off by the return of our dog, Bailey.

Completion today with a wonderful praise and worship day at the Roost. 

What ordinary activities of your week have been made EXTRAordinary by His Grace? 

No comments:

Post a Comment