Monday, January 30, 2012

The Circus


When is the last time you went to the circus?

I was told by my Mother that she took me when I was approximately 4 or 5 years old. I have no independent recollection.

The "memory" I associate with the circus is a faded plastic circus cup with a bright yellow handle. This cup belonged to the McGoverns, family friends. I used it every time I went to their house - which was often.



It did not look exactly like the above but this is as close as I could find under the "vintage circus cup" category on google.

At any rate, DeeDee, Paul's Mother, emailed a couple of weeks ago to invite us with the children to the circus.  We accepted and Friday night all enjoyed the "greatest show on earth". Here are a few pics:

Kylie(my niece), Sam and Fair

The Big Cats did not appear to relish life as stars of the Big Ring
Lots of  clawing and growling at their trainer.

They no longer sell the plastic cups of my childhood memories - so Fair settled on an elephant snow cone.
Maybe it will be good for eating cereal or ice cream this summer.

Acrobatics

Elephants were fabulous

My favorite act of the night - 8 motorcycle riders in the Iron Ball at one time

Fair - could not hold off the sleep
As she said by the second half - "Mama, it is past my bedtime and I did not have a nap."

No comments:

Post a Comment