Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Past....

Tonight the last of the Christmas decorations found their way to the attic.  Images of the holiday swirled through my mind like the stripes on a candy cane. Before tying the bow on the box of images that will not be reopened until next year, I thought I would share some of my favorites:

Leika's definitely had the Christmas spirit this year.

Christ Our Savior is Born!!

Santa arrived at Leika's to greet the children on the last day of school.
Leika's stockings - contents given to a charity each year

Fairchild and me in Miss Robin's Class

Sam and me in Miss Rosemary's Class


RUSSELL CHRISTMAS

Pie and Pal with Sam, Fair and Lane

Cousin Robert Cowan with Sam

Cousin Showtime 

Fairchild loved playing with Cousin Reed Payne

Sam hanging out with the Edgar Russell Cousins

Pal and his devoted Mini-Me Sam

The Russell Men singing traditional Russell Christmas Song that for the life of me I can not remember the name of...
Did I ever know it? Maybe something to put on my list for Christmas 2012!

As most families with Alabama roots, there is an Alabama v. Auburn divide


CRAWFORD CHRISTMAS


Beautiful Christmas Trees created by my sister in law Lacey adorned every table....
and there were lots of tables


The one horse open sleigh of 2011

Thought this simple ivy wreath adorning my Aunt Mary Alice's door was beautiful



Aunt Elon Chair of the welcoming committee

Can there be a family gathering
without it?

Sister in law Lacey and nephew Ford (with his eyes on the ceiling fan)

The Ove Glove given by Pop several Christmases ago
A must have-- seriously
where Mary Alice found a fresh one for the occasion I'll never know

The Sisters

Pop and My Dot
Words are not enough... I cried after taking this pic

Fair and me on the "sleigh" ride

Jess, Emily, me, Pie, Ford, Lacey and Mac



CHURCH CHRISTMAS PROGRAM
A FEW LITTLE ANGELS





And then there was Christmas Eve Eve, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day....in a future post!










1 comment: