Saturday, September 1, 2012

Labor Day Rewind: SCC Championship

We are home for Labor Day Weekend. I am thrilled to have a relaxed weekend in town.  Only unfortunate happening thus far is I woke up at 5:30 this morning and  have not returned to sleep. Scheduled to participate in tennis clinic a little later this morning....not much may be accomplished before then.

A couple of weekends ago, the Selma Country Club held its annual Member Golf Tournament.  

Paul served as Sam's caddy, coach and driver both mornings of the tournament. Saturday morning Fair, Pal and I piled into a golf cart and followed Sam with his grouping of Teddy Henry and Allen Lightfoot.  Sunday, Pie and I raced to the course right after Blue Jean Service to see them finish up. It was a pleasure to see their concentration every shot, ability to stay on task for two hours and knock the ball further than I thought possible. Sam won an award for  placing  second in his age group.




Paul ended up winning the tournament  Sunday by shooting one under his best friend, Andy Stewart.


Paul was paired with to play with Tommy Jones. I don't know what they did or talked about but both of them reported having a fantastic time. I think I would have been thoroughly entertained being a fly in their golf cart. 

Congratulations to Tommy for his hole in one!
Selma Times Journal published a very readable (even to a non-golfer) article on the tournament. Click HERE to read it.



No comments:

Post a Comment